Many people find themselves in the unfortunate and often dire situation while facing substance abuse problems or addiction. Many individuals with drug abuse problems are often embarrassed to admit they have it, and avoid asking for help. Making an anonymous call to a drug rehab hot line may be the first step you make to get the information you need for your substance abuse problem. Getting the right information can often save lives of those struggling with this chronic disorder. When you call a drug rehab hot line you will speak with a certified professional who is able to handle the call, and advise you on how to get help. A counselor will listen and speak to you in a friendly and non-judgmental manner. The purpose of the call is to get you or your love one to the right drug rehab professional who specializes in your particular substance abuse problem.
If you are calling about your friend, boyfriend, husband, son or daughter, you can also learn some basics about addiction problem, and how to understand and deal with it.
Learning and understanding addiction as a disease, and a mental health disorder can help you identify what you or your loved one is going through. It is often mistakenly assumed that drug abusers luck moral principles and will power, and that they can stop using drugs any time they choose to. However, addiction is a complex disorder that takes more than a strong desire to quit. Drugs cause the brain function to change in the way that it makes impossible for a person to stop using on their own.
Drug Addiction Treatment Center
Find a drug rehab, alcohol rehab, drug addiction treatment center, alchol addiction rehab clinic near meDrug Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center
Once the person enters a Drug Rehab Facility, he or she will be evaluated by an addiction specialists and other health care providers if needed to determine a current level of addiction, and any other medical issues. The patients are often evaluated for co-occurring mental health disorder, as it’s often associates with addiction.
Your Drug Rehab specialists will determine the length of your comprehensive treatment time, and the intensity of your cognitive behavioral therapy. The therapy addresses the cause of addiction and substance abuse, as well as offering skills on how to cope with stress, and various life events that may cause drug use.
The treatment time vary from thirty days to up to six months. During a residential treatment program the patients are required to stay and live at the facility until the treatment is completed. The treatment may include medical detoxification that is supervised by an authorized medical professionals; behavioral therapy and counseling.
Once you entered a rehab program, you voluntarily commit to the program, and is expected to adhere to the rules of such facility. If the patient who battles drug abuse was able to work prior to his or her rehab stint, personal time off needs to be taken. Most of employers offer employee assistance program, and the health care insurance that covers substance abuse treatment. Your employer will have to be notified, and a personal time off
set aside for your rehab program.
Drug Addiction Treatment Center
Find a drug rehab, alcohol rehab, drug addiction treatment center, alchol addiction rehab clinic near me
Most of employers opt for health care program that offers additional Behavioral Health Coverage that includes mental health and substance abuse treatments. The medical carriers such as Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Magellan, Value options insurance are amongst those health care programs that cover your drug rehab treatment.
Some patients may be required by court of law for a mandatory stay at Drug Rehab Center to receive proper treatment. In this case an individual has to turn themselves in to a treatment facility that accepts court ordered clients.
- Visit the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) state by state treatment locator.
- Choose your state from the drop down menu
- Call the contact phone number you find or follow a link to visit your state’s substance abuse website
The costs can vary greatly, depending on the type of treatment you need and on facility and program features and amenities.
In many cases your drug rehab specialist may prescribe addiction medication to help you to effectively treat addiction to opioids, alcohol, or nicotine. There are currently no FDA-approved medications to treat addiction to cannabis, cocaine, or methamphetamine in any age group.
Some of the addiction medications include:
- Buprenorphinereduces or eliminates opioid withdrawal symptoms, including drug cravings, without producing the “high” or dangerous side effects of heroin and other opioids.
- Methadonealso prevents withdrawal symptoms and reduces craving in opioid-addicted individuals by activating opioid receptors in the brain.
- Naltrexoneis approved for the prevention of relapse in adult patients following complete detoxification from opioids.
- Acamprosate reduces withdrawal symptoms by normalizing brain systems disrupted by chronic alcohol consumption in adults.
- Disulfiram inhibits an enzyme involved in the metabolism of alcohol, causing an unpleasant reaction if alcohol is consumed after taking the medication.
- Naltrexone decreases alcohol-induced euphoria and is available in both oral tablets and long-acting injectable preparations.